Please find attached ‘Pack lunch questionnaire’. The questionnaire is a tick list of certain types of foods which are allergens but are accepted in the setting. This form needs to be completed monthly as part of our Home prepared food policy and supports us to guarantee the children are able to have safe and enjoyable food consumptions.
Food safety requirements for your child’s pack lunch box are to have an ice pack. This helps to keep children’s lunch boxes at a suitable temperature, until they are ready to be eaten.
A balanced lunchbox should contain a variety of nutritious foods from each of the five food groups –grains, fruits, vegetables, dairy and protein. Variety ensures children obtain a range of important nutrients, essential for growth and development, and keeps them alert throughout the day. Please find attached a healthy lunch box ideas to use when creating the packed lunches for the children as well as the lunch box rules for the setting.
In order for us to achieve this we are asking our parents not to provide the following list of highly allergen food:
Crustaceans and shell fish (such as prawns, cray fish, mussels, clams, squid, etc.)
Peanuts and nuts (such as almond, hazelnuts, walnut, cashew and peanut butter etc.)
Sesame seeds and products.
Thank you for your support
- Any food that requires reheating
- Rice dishes brought from home
- Any tin food that needs reheating (beans, spaghetti hoops)
- Bread for toasting
- Any food with nuts or made in a nut factory
- Ice pack to keep the foods fresh and cool
- Please note that these are required on a month to month basis. Please see Home Prepared Food Policy for more information